As kids get older, their capacity to hear is crucial for their development of speech and language abilities. Some noises or none at all may be audible to a youngster with hearing loss. The capacity of a kid to develop communication, cognition, intellectual, and social abilities might be impacted by hearing loss. A kid with hearing loss has a better chance of realizing their full potential the sooner they are detected and begin receiving treatment.
Deafness affects 4 out of every 1,000 newborns. Many more people have hearing loss for a variety of causes. Even while
certain symptoms may suggest that a kid cannot hear like other children, hearing loss is a quiet impairment that frequently
goes unreported in youngsters.
Signs & Symptoms:
Each youngster has a unique set of hearing loss symptoms and indications. Do a hearing screening as soon as you can if
you suspect your kid has hearing loss.
- Does not become alarmed by loud noises.
- After the age of six months, does not turn to the source of a sound.
- Does not speak words like "dada" or "mama" until they are one year old.
- Turns their head when they see you, but not if you just say their name.
- While commonly mistaken for indifference or simple disregard, this might be the result of a partial or whole hearing loss.
- Appears to be able to hear some noises but not others.
- Speech is slowed down or unclear.
- Does not adhere to instructions.
- Increases the TV's loudness too much.
- Requests repetitions often.
Diagnostic tests available:
- Oto Acoustic Emission
- Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BERA)
- Auditory Steady State Response (ASSR)
- Immittance Audiometry
- Behavioral Observation Audiometry (BOA)
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA)
- Play Audiometry
- Aural Hygiene
- Early Intervention Program
- Hearing Aid Trial and Fitting
- Auditory Training
- Auditory Verbal Therapy
What is our strategy for treating hearing loss in kids?
- We provide trans disciplinary management all under one roof. Since early identification is useless without early action,
we identify children with hearing loss at an early age and begin intervention as soon as possible.
- No kid is overlooked since we have seasoned team members and strong departmental synergy.
- We seek to improve a child's linguistic ability, social skills, and cognitive development because these abilities are
impaired in children with hearing loss.
- We frequently hold baby hearing screening camps to detect hearing loss at an early stage. We provide a thorough
approach to treatment that aims to remove all the barriers preventing a child's full and overall development rather than
merely prescribing an amplifying device.
- Childhood is the most delightful period of a person's life, and at Margdarsi we guarantee to keep it that way.
- For our distinctive interdisciplinary approach which promotes a child's whole development.
- Recognized by the government of Odisha as a government referral hospital for hearing issue